Wednesday 14 January 2015

Hair Dying Session(s) || Brown Ombré...


Ever since I was able to I have been dying my hair various shades of the rainbow. Just over a year ago I decided I wanted to grow my hair again, after having had a pixie cut for a long time. And through growing my hair I knew I had to keep it healthy which meant not dying it as much so I chose to go back to a 'natural' colour. I put natural in inverted commas because I very much doubt I will be going properly natural ever as my hair is a very boring mousey dull dark blonde. 

To save money (plus it was on sale for around £7) I bought this Dye by L'Oréal which I thought is quite genius as it is re-usable; and as I only usually want to dye my roots I thought this was the perfect kit for me. 

For the first time using it I did dye most of my hair just to get some even colour going, not that it mattered as I was going for an ombré look anyway. It's cleverly made, with 2 sections in it the tube that simultaneously squirt out the 2 different mousse products at the same time. And it comes with a detachable bit at the top which you can clean after every use. 

Here is my before and after using this hair dye, in real life it looked a lot darker than I thought it would but I love the colour just the same.


And then to refresh the ombré I had failed at before (I had previously bought the wrong kit for my colour hair) I bought this Extreme Ombré kit by L'Oréal


Instead of using the brush provided I just used my fingers and chose sections of hair that I wanted lighter. I started at the tips only and then after 10 minutes I worked more product up those strands. I then also took some tiny strands and covered them so I would have some highlights blending everything together. I left the product on for around 45 mins, didn't use a timer as I forgot, so I just estimated and kept checking how light the tips where getting. Here's what my hair looked like before the ombré, during (how I applied it) and straight after I washed my hair. 


And here is the final picture, my hair air dried and naturally curly. I think it turned out pretty good, compared to last time when I tried it and barely lightened my hair. 
I think it's a very good kit and definitely adds some life to hair that's all one colour. 
I'm hoping I only need to do this once and that when I dye my hair again I shall only dye the roots, keeping the ombré effect. This also means I won't damage my hair by lightening it too many times.


I may buy some blonde toner (like this Directions pot) to get rid of some of the brassiness but for the time being I do like how warm it is; I think it gives my pale skin some life. And if I'm feeling like I want bright colours back again I will use the Directions semi-permanent colours as they are conditioning and have an amazing range of bright colours.

What have you done to your hair recently?

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...