Saturday 10 January 2015

Rimmel London || Provocalips...


I bought these because I had originally bought the red shade for my sister for Christmas. I then got a bit jealous that she had kiss-proof lip colour and I didn't, so I went and bought myself two of the eight shades that Boots had to offer. At the moment I am loving dark lips and I find there are very few shades that I think suit me. I have Play with Fire (red) and Kiss Fatal (purple) both of which I love and have tested out a few times each. 


They are double ended, one is the super pigmented liquid lipstick type end and the other is the moisture restoring clear finishing layer. I have found the tips very easy to use and great to shape your lips however you feel like on the day. I do warn you though once it's on, it is on all day; unless you have oil based make up remover with you. So my advice - less is more, apply it slowly and evenly as you can always add another layer after the first has set. 


Above I did swatches on my hand, the first picture was taken as soon as it is applied, still glossy and the second picture is after a minute or so when it has set to a demi-matte tacky layer.

























Here are swatches on my lips, to the left is Play with Fire; a deep but bright red and on the right is Kiss Fatal; a dusky rose purple. I applied two thin coats of colour and the clear top layer. I think they have a really nice consistency but without the topcoat are quite drying and very sticky. 

It says on the Boots website - 'Prococalips delivers hi-impact 16hr endless colour with a delectably glossy finish. It's kiss-proof, food-proof and transfer-proof, only coming off when you want it to...incredibly lightweight and flexible and adapts to the movement of your lips.'

I have tested their longevity and in work I applied the lip product in the morning, wore it all day until I took my make up off before bedtime. It stayed on through eating lunch and dinner, the only part that wore off a bit was on the inner part of my lips. I have also found if you retouch more than twice, layering on top of the previous layers, it can start peeling on the inner lip and get annoying - I kept chewing it off like I had chapped lips. 
Apart from that I absolutely love it and if you don't layer too much, you can have perfect, kissproof & comfortably coloured lips all day long. It definitely lives up to what it declares.

What do you think of these two colours, have you tried them? What is your favourite long lasting lip colour at the moment? 

X

3 comments:

  1. I'm SUCH a fan of provocalips, they are so brilliant and I love the shade range!

    Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! They're so good! Can't stop wearing them! xx

      Delete
    2. I love your blog by the way! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...