Tuesday 17 November 2015

Colourpop || How to get Colourpop to the UK & Swatches...


This post is all about how I got Colourpop shipped to the UK. I will take you through how long it took and how to do it via an online shopping site that couriers overseas. 

I have wanted to try Colourpop for a super long time and finally plucked up the courage and did a fairly large order, some of which involve Christmas presents both to and from my sister. 
After watching many YouTube swatch videos and reading many blog posts I decided on several Super Shock Shadows and two Lippie Stix.

Colourpop is a very affordable makeup brand but only ships to the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and a few others.

Almost all of their products are Vegan apart from a small list of eye shadows which you can read about here.

Here is a list of links to what I ordered, some of which I have swatched below 
(apart from my Christmas presents) -

Lippie Stix -
(I got 2 of each colour of Lippie Stix as a Christmas present to my sister, she does know...)

Eye Shadows -
Collection - 
Single Shadows -

After watching this video where Jennie Jenkins from Beauty by JJ does a massive swatch video and explains how she got hers to the UK, I then decided that I would use the same postal system as she did -


I found this website very easy to use, it basically allows you to buy from American sites via them and their courier business. And as Colourpop only allow American payments & addresses I had to use their BUYFORME service where I bought my items through them and then get delivered to their American address. 
The BUYFORME service does have a small fee of 10% of your order. 
My Colourpop order came to $80 and with their fee came to $88 (around £58). I didn't get charged postage from the Colourpop website as I think it's free over a certain amount.

After shopping via their website, I completed my order and received various confirmation emails. I placed my order on the 4th November. On the 7th I got another email saying that Colourpop had posted my order and it was on its way to my 'US Address', the day after (8th) it arrived which is where I then had to organise how fast and where I wanted it posted in the UK. This is where you pay for their postal service, my cost was $31.77 which is around £21.

My expected date of delivery was the 18th.
On the 10th I got another email with a tracking number which said expected delivery on the 16th. And sure enough it arrived on the 16th, I was at work at the time so couldn't wait to get home to photograph them (photos below...a lot of them).

From placing my order and it arriving at my door step took a total of 12 days.

Here is a summary of what I paid -

$80 (£53.14) - 11 x Colourpop products
$8 (£5.31) - 10% BUYFORME fee
$31.77 (£21.09) - Shipping to UK

TOTAL - $119.77 (£79.54)

UPDATE (24th November) - Import Tax - £21.76
NEW TOTAL - £101.30

Below you will find close up photos of all the products, I have tried to capture their colours as realistically as possible...




























I really hope you found this useful and go on happily to purchase Colourpop products from the UK.

Make sure you follow me on Instagram - cfochler - where I will most likely be posting lots of makeup looks using these products.

Coco
X

1 comment:

  1. The colour kindness looks so nice!
    -Morgs x
    http://justmorgs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...