Wednesday 12 November 2014

Halloween...


It took me so long to figure out what kind of Halloween make up I wanted to do this year. However with the help of Pinterest and a few visits to YouTube I finally found what I was looking for. I fell in love with the 'Killer Clown Couple' look by Nicole Guerriero. I loved the bright colours and lets be honest who doesn't want to get messy with face paint!

After a bit of internet shopping I came across a cute clown costume and ordered it along with a Snazaroo face paint palette. I was like a kid at Christmas when they both arrived and wanted to play dress up immediately (...I didn't). 

I probably should have tried the costume on before Halloween, but like most people I like to leave things to the last minute. I had had a minor dilemma when purchasing this costume which was sizing... Other fancy dress websites sold this costume but had a different picture, I had to judge which model was wearing what size as on one site it looked baggy and on the other skin tight. I was ambitious and went for a size small, hoping that if it was loose fitting that it would be a nice figure-hugging-but not-too-tight look... Oh how wrong I was. It fitted a bit too well(!), if you know what I'm talking about, playsuit wearing ladies.



After a bit of costume alteration by adding a petticoat on top I felt decent. 
Anyway back to make up. The video shows you step-by-step what to do so I won't go into great detail about what I did. Using the Snazaroo palette I sponged on the white base & rainbow effect, then set each colour using my enormous Makeup Revolution eye shadow palette and translucent face powder. I made sure all the colours blended together well and that there were no harsh lines in between them. I then moved on to adding the details. I used what I have in my make up bag, a black pencil eye liner and a red lip pencil. Obviously I had to finish the look off with a pair of false eyelashes.



I found this look super simple to do and I love the final outcome, as did everyone else. I think I'm going to have to make excuses to play with face paint more often!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...