Thursday 13 November 2014

October Glossybox...

Last month I decided I needed to try some subscription boxes so I did a lot of research on YouTube and looking on other blogs of which would be best. I LOVE make up so naturally I picked 2 of the beauty based subscription boxes - Birchbox & Glossybox.

I shall talk about Glossybox first as that is the one which arrived first. October had a pop art theme, the box itself is super cute and great for keeping bits and bobs in.





G
L
O
S
S
Y
B
O
X







I was super excited and pleased with most of the products when this arrived, a surprise present to myself.

First product I tried was the Nuxe Masque which has been the least messy face masque I have ever tried. I put a layer onto my freshly cleansed face, let it soak in for 10 minutes and then gave myself a face massage with excess. Then used a toner to wipe away the rest. My face felt super soft and refreshed afterwards. It is scented and I found that smelt very organic- like cucumbers and green vegetables so I thought 'this must be good for my skin..' Overall very happy with it!

I like to wear BB creams so was happy with receiving the baby size Rimmel Matte BB Cream. I had never used this product before and so far I have enjoyed using it. I have oily skin but have yet to find the perfect BB cream which has good oil control.

Ciaté Nail Polish - Always wanted to try this but a little bit expensive for nail varnish. However saying that it is very very good. I only really needed one layer and it stayed on really well. I'm also very glad a received this colour as I love wearing dark colours on my nails.

The perfume I wasn't too happy with, not saying it's a bad perfume but I wouldn't wear it.
It says on the website - 'This scent encapsulates the feeling of falling in love through fusing notes of Damascus rose, guaiac wood and patchouli.' I find it a bit too musky, I like sweet perfumes. I will most likely be giving this away as a gift at Christmas, which is what I planned to do with any of the things that weren't really for me in these boxes, so that they aren't wasted.

I found the So Susan mascara was not that great. I like wearing waterproof mascara as it holds curled eyelashes well, whereas non-waterproof mascara doesn't. It has good pigmentation but I feel I will only be using it if I'm staying in and don't want to do a whole face of make up.

The last product is the Être Belle Liplift Peel, a moisturising lip exfoliator. I really like this product, very simple to use, just rub in circular motions on your lips and it takes of the dead skin layer leaving lips super soft.

That is it for this box and I am look forward to this months box as I have had a sneak peak at the 2 full size products I will be receiving!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...