Wednesday 31 December 2014

2014 Favourites || Beauty...

I haven't been blogging for very long but boy what a year it has been!

In this post I shall write about a few of my favourite beauty finds of 2014 and I shall try and keep it short and sweet..


Firstly I would like to talk about my hero against my oily t-zone - milk of magnesia!
You need very little of it and all I do is spread it evenly on the parts of my face that get oily/shiney. Then I use a hair dryer to dry it because most of the time I haven't got the time to just wait around and let it air dry, you will be left looking partially like a ghost. After that I put a silicone based primer like the Maybelline Baby Skin on top which gets rid of the whiteness. And carry on with the rest of my make up routine. You can see step by step pictures in this post here!
This new found product keeps me matte all day long and I don't have to carry or touch up with powder any more! 


My favourite brand I found out about and bought many products from is Makeup Revolution.
I did an introduction post here! They basically are the best brand for high quality make up and having a vast range of products to choose from. I especially love their eye shadow palettes which are super creamy. pigmented and really easy to blend! My haul post you can read about here. They regularly have deals on so like them on Facebook to keep up to date.


After testing out a few subscription boxes from the UK, I decided I wanted to venture further afield, so after some research I found Wantable. The best make up subscription box service I have tried. It is a bit more expensive than the one based in the UK but for the extra money you get full-sized, high end products. They also do other boxes; Accessories, Initmates & Fitness.
You can find my November & December boxes linked here!
I have loved every product I've received from them so far!


This here is my new favourite foundation, L'oréal Eau De Teint. As soon as I tested it on my hand in Boots and felt the consistency of it I had to have it. It doesn't have much coverage but it is build-able and is enough to perfect/even out my skin tone for a naturally flawless look. I have oily skin and I use this with my milk of magnesia base which I mentioned above and set it with Rimmel Stay Matte powder and I have great looking skin all day long. My review on it is here.


After seeing many, many tutorials on perfect brows that last all day I had to buy this Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade. It comes in quite a few different shades so I'm sure you'll find one to suit your hair. I have the colour Blonde but have recently dyed my hair a darker colour so haven't been using it, I will be purchasing the colour Medium or Dark brown. Then when I'm in between hair shades I can mix them to match my hair colour & do ombré brows. It really does last all day long, it has held up against accidental eyebrow itching and a sweaty forehead. You can read my blog post here but I'm sure as soon as I get the other shade there will be another follow up post on a step-by-step guide about how to use it.

I have 3 Beauty Gurus that I have been loving this year all linked below. 
Lizzie...
Nikkie...
All three ladies are super beautiful and do amazing tutorials/reviews on make up. I love watching their videos because they are all very smiley and easy to watch. They do tutorials from the very basic, how they apply foundation, to step-by-step bold eye looks + everything in between.

And that concludes my beauty favourites of the year, I'm sure I've forgotten a lot of other things but these are the ones that really stood out to me.

Hope you all had a great year & a happy new year!!!! Thank you to everyone who has read my blog so far! Much love to you all!

What products have stood out for you this year? And what are your thoughts on my favourites?

X

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post! Can't say I was ever a really big fan of Wantable! x

    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading and commenting! I just love it because it's products I don't know about and wouldn't buy for myself! X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...