Wednesday 28 January 2015

Memebox || Global #18...


A few months ago I started hearing about the Korean based Meme Box and I knew I wanted to try it. The thing that is different about this box is that it isn't a subscription box. This is just a box you buy and each box has a different theme; make up, skin care or hair care etc.

I got the Meme Box Global #18 where you get surprise Korean based beauty/skin care products.
It cost me $23.00 (£14.00) plus $6.99 (£4.00) standard shipping, which comes to under £20.00 and it says you will get between 4-8 full sized and deluxe sample products.


This box came in a bright pink with pale pink tissue paper inside. 
Here is what I got in this box, what they are and what they're worth.

The first product is the 3 deluxe sample sizes of Derma Lift Aqua Rich Cream, each is 15ml adding up to 45ml. The full size is worth $42.00 (£26.00) for 50ml. I'm guessing they did it this way as the full sized was too big for the box and was easier to ship this way. 
The cream itself is actually pale blue, which surprised me and has a lovely sweet clean fresh scent. It absorbs well into the skin and feels very hydrating. 


The next product I found very curious, I haven't used it yet as I've not needed to. It is a 'touch up' type of pen which has moisturising oil in it and a silicon brushed tip. It is called the Extreme Shield Master and is used to take care of dry patches of skin on the face. This is worth $46.00 (£28.50) for 2.2ml of product. 
I have oily skin so don't suffer from dry skin, I may use it on dried up blemishes, if not I shall gift it to someone who could make more use out of it.


I have been using this next face cream almost every night. Having oily skin I only ever put super hydrating, cream based products on my face at night. Dr. MJ's Bee Tox Control Cream says it's a repairing and renewing cream with extracts from bee venom, tea tree leaf water, rosemary and calendula. 
I find that, for a cream based product, it is quite lightweight and absorbs really well into the skin and doesn't leave a greasy feeling. Full sized product of 55ml worth $50.00 (£31.00).


On to my next curious product, a shower jelly that you put in a fine mesh sack (called a bubbling net) and rub on your body.
When I first saw this I thought how on earth is it going to work, but having used it a few times it lathers up nicely, is super gentle and doesn't have a strong scent. The jelly it quite solid and you scoop it out and put it in the sack given, then you wet it and wash with it. 
Afterwards I put the jelly back in the pot so it doesn't stay wet and go soggy. It is worth $6.00 (£3.70) for 100g.


This next product I have given to my boyfriend's mother as she uses hand cream ever day. I don't use hand cream as I don't like the feeling and don't suffer with dry hands. It does smell very nice and I'm sure it's doing it job. This is 60g for $2 (£1.20).


I haven't tried this next one yet but an quite excited to. They are called Point Pads and are point specific face mask treatments. You put the pad on the part of your face you want to treat. They are in a sealed sachet which has a liquid that they are soaking in. It says it's formulated with pineapple extract, vitamin E, hyaluronic acid and natto gum. You leave it on for 10-15 minutes, remove and then pat the excess liquid in. 
This is the cheapest item in here but I'm sure it's going to be a lot of fun to use. Worth $1 (£0.60) and you get a few pads in the sachet.


I am really pleased with my box and will definitely try another one in the future. They have many options on their website but do go out of stock quite fast as they are very popular. 
I got around £91 worth of products in a box which costed me under £20 including shipping which in my books is pretty darn amazing.

I know this was a pretty lengthy post so thank you if you stuck around and read all of it!!!

Have you tried any boxes like this recently? Link any relevant blog posts below so I can have a read.

X

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute, aw! Great photography!
    www.diamants-au-chocolat.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! It is the cutest box ever! :) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...