Wednesday 11 February 2015

Younique || Valentine's Day Make Up Look & Product Review (*)...


A lovely lady called Kirsty contacted me asking if I wanted some samples(*) to review on my blog, I very happily said yes! I also ended up purchasing the lash product you will see in this blog post! 

This post is about Younique which is a beauty company and I will be talking about the Moodstruck Pigment Powders (*), Moodstruck 3d Fibre Lashes, Moodstruck Glorious Face & Eye Primer (*) and the Uplift Eye Serum (*).

Above you can see the finished look and below you will find step by step pictures on how I got to it.


Here are the 4 samples of the Moodstruck Pigment Powders I received (first to last) Sassy, Flirty, Regal & Feisty. These are what I used to create this purple smokey eye look which I thought would be great for a Valentine's Day make up look. 
I found these powders very easy to blend out and I love that they aren't super sparkley; they have more of a shimmery pearl effect.


I applied Flirty (pale lavender purple) all over the lid. 

Then used Regal (deep purple) in the crease and under the lower lash line. 

To finish off I used Feisty (gun metal grey) to add a bit more depth to the crease and smoke out the lower lash line and a bit of Sassy (pastel pink) to add some warmth to the look. 

I did a basic winged liner with this look and used the Moodstruck 3D fibre lashes for natural looking fluttery lashes.

You could pair this eye make up look with either a nude, pink or even deep purple lip!



Onto the Moodstruck 3D Fibre Lashes. Amazing.. Just amazing!!
I have never used fibre lashes and was super excited to get this product.
Firstly it comes in gorgeous packaging, almost looking like a very expensive sunglasses case, but inside you get two tubes; one containing the transplanting gel and the other the natural fibres.

In the above picture I applied one thin coat of my favourite mascara and on just the eye on the left I added one coat of the fibre lashes. It lengthens and thickens the lashes but still looks very natural. I found it very easy to use and had little to no fall out from the fibres. It comes with instructions but I also looked on YouTube and found lots of tutorials on how to apply it. 
Apply the gel first, then before that dries add the fibres and then finally seal them in with the gel.

Below you can see before anything was applied to my lashes and then after, where I had applied one thin coat of mascara and two coats of fibre lashes. 


On a quick final note I shall do a mini review of the samples I received.
(pictures used from the website)
I found them both very lovely to apply. The Glorious Face & Eye Primer really made my foundation go on smoothly and made it feel like my make up would stay put throughout the day. And the Uplift Eye Serum felt hydrating and absorbed well into the under eye area. Neither of them felt greasy which is something I love in anything I put on my face. And when I have the money I would definitely consider buying either or both of these products.



I do hope you enjoyed this post and the make up look I created. All the links to the products and Kirsty's page are at the top of this post. There you can also find more pictures of the products mentioned in this rather lengthy blog post.

Thank you for taking the time in reading this!

Love Coco 
X

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful look! I would love to share this on my Younique with Misty Facebook page if that is ok with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would it be okay if I shared your photos? Just Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...