Wednesday 25 March 2015

My Curly Hair(care) Products...


I have been growing my hair from a pixie cut for a year now and has nearly reached shoulder length. I thought I would do a 'quick' post about what I use for styling and what I used to keep it healthy whilst growing it. 
Only very recently was the first time I had my hair trimmed in six whole months
I somehow managed not to get any split ends, which is amazing as I did my own ombré hair that look two sessions of lightening. 

First let me tell you that I have curly hair which needs help to look decent, however I am very lazy when it comes to hairstyling. 

This first product I have repurchased a few times now and still absolutely LOVE it! As you can read it is an Argan Treatment Oil (for hair & skin). 
It has a very silky feeling and smells good enough to eat, it is very sweet but once it's on I can barely smell it if you're worried about strong scented products. 
I generally wash my hair every two days and I run this through the ends of my wet hair. I always let my hair air dry as my curly hair and blow dryers do not mix, unless I want a glorious fuzzy mane.
This helps dry my hair faster than it ever would without and doesn't leave any greasy residue. 
I feel that this oil is the reason my hair has stayed in such good condition whilst growing it out.

I have also used this at night on my face especially focussing on my laughter lines. Super hydrating and absorbs nicely into the skin.


My other hair product was recommended by my hairdresser after I asked what would be best for me. I mentioned I let my hair air dry I wanted something I could put in my hair whilst damp and let it do it's thing. I really like this product and is exactly what I wanted. This is now my second bottle. 
This Curls Rock Amplifier is a curl cream and now my hair is longer I use one pump for either side of my hair and another half a pump for the back. If my hair dries too much I just wet my hands and add the curl cream and scrunch it through the ends of my hair. 
This doesn't dry crunchy like mousses do, it lets my curls set soft and naturally but also keeps them from going mental. 


You can get both of these products for around £10 each off of Amazon where they are usually in some sort of sale.

I hope this helps if you have hair similar to mine and are struggling to find good products.
Here's the most recent (windswept) picture of what my hair looks like. 


What products have you tried and would recommend? Would love to hear your thoughts?

Coco
X

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post.I love argan oil too, but then who doesn't!

    Much love,
    Emily❭❭ peroxidefox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...