Sunday 16 August 2015

Bourjois || Poudre De Riz De Java - Undereye Setting Powder...



I have recently been on the look out for a new undereye setting powder which isn't heavy & doesn't make my concealer go creepy and cakey.
I asked around on Twitter and someone suggested this one so I went hunting in Boots and bought it.

This is the Bourjois Rice Powder (Poudre de Riz), a very finely milled powder which is super silky to touch. It has a pinky nude tone with a little hint of golden shimmer to it.
Perfect for brightening and setting under eye concealer. 

Firstly before I go into great detail I have to say what sold me on this was the packaging, look at how cute it is!!!

The scent of the powder is one that matches the packaging, not to put anyone off, but it smells like powdery old ladies (no offence), I like it but don't worry for those who find that a bit odd, the smell does fade as soon as it's applied.

Smells aside, let's move onto what I think...

Even though it has a pink undertone I do feel it would work well on most skin tones, but could start looking a little ashy on more tanned/darker skin types (I might be wrong though, go swatch it on your hand to be sure). It does say one transparent shade suits all so I guess you don't know until you've tried it.

I have olive skin (skin that my sister's call alien skin because I'm so green compared to them) but I go pretty damn pale without sunshine, this worked really well when I was pale but when I'm more tanned I do have to mix it a little with either my stay matte or essence all about matt! powder to dilute the pink tones.

I think this would be really lovely as an all over setting powder for those of you with super pale pink-toned skin who want a bit of luminance in your life. I will be trying this when I turn into Casper the Ghost in winter.

I use this powder as part of my everyday make up routine, either on it's own or mixed with my other powders, it really brightens my under eye area.

Below I have tried to capture the colour and shimmer as best as I could so I hope the pictures are helpful if you are looking to buy this powder. It is a pretty heavy swatch to show the colour & shimmer, it doesn't look like that when I set my concealer with it.




I bought mine in Boots when there was a deal for Bourjois (2 for £14), but it is usually priced at £9.99 in Boots which I do think is a little pricey for such a small container. Saying that I do think it will last me a long time as you don't need very much.

Thank you for reading and I hope this helped you!

Coco
X

2 comments:

  1. This sounds great and I love bourjois make up thank you for sharing
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, glad you found it helpful!
      Coco x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...