Monday 1 February 2016

DIY || Unique Palettes feat. Makeup Geek...

For a while now I've been wanting to have a customisable make up palette and I finally had an idea on how to make it fun & unique to me (and you if you feel inspired by this post).

Growing up with my Dad obsessed with auctions and vintage items, I think some of that rubbed off on me as I too have a love for quirky older items. 

I had been racking my brain on what was out there that I could use as my own version of the well known z-palette and finally thought of old cigarette cases. On good old eBay I found these cases you see below, I thought it would be good to have 2 sizes for travel purposes. Most of the DIY items I actually also bought off eBay. 

You will need -
Magnetic Sheet (sticky or non sticky)
Double Sided Sticky Tape (if you opted for the non sticky from above)
Scissors
Ruler/Measuring Tape
Your chosen case
And lastly some make up to put inside

I chose Makeup Geek as I have seen so many YouTubers loving it, I had a research and found out that the pans are magnetic. I bought my Makeup Geek eye shadows from Beauty Bay.


The rest isn't hard, you just measure & cut the size of the magnetic sheet you need to fit in your case and then stick it in. Some of the cigarette cases have a section inside that once held the cigarettes in but I just removed these so there was nothing getting in the way. 
(Step by step photos below)







I have rather a large list of Makeup Geek eye shadows that I would like to one day fill these up with but for now I chose (above left to right) - Peach Smoothie, Flame Thrower (Foiled) & Mocha.
Swatches below...





Here are the final pieces, showing how the 3 eye shadows fit in each case. I am super happy with how they turned out and can't wait to get more eye shadows to add to my new collection.



Make sure you follow my Instagram as I am always posting make up looks so there should be one soon using these stunning eye shadows.

If you get inspired to create something similar make sure to tag me in your photos on Instagram...

Coco
X

2 comments:

  1. Love how you do your swatches! So cute!

    Clare x

    www.ruthandclare.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops must've missed this comment. Aww thank you, I like being creative!
      Coco
      X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...