Friday 21 November 2014

L'Oréal Paris || True Match Foundation...

Like a lot of people I still haven't found the perfect foundation, I have an oily T-zone and have as of yet still on the hunt for a foundation that controls my oil and doesn't melt off my face when I sweat.

However things might have changed, today is the first time trying L'Oréal Paris True Match Foundation and I have the colour N2 - Vanilla. I have quite yellow based skin and I found that W1 was too light for me. I would have gone for W2 but they didn't have it so I was helped by a lovely lady in Boots to help find which colour I would be. We agreed that N2 was best, as W3 was a shade or 2 too dark for me and had a bit too much of an orange undertone.






The 'W' stands for warm, for people with yellow undertones, 'N' is neutral and 'C' is cool, people with pink undertones in their skin.







With this foundation you get 30ml which is the normal amount with most foundations. It is oil-free which is good as I don't need to add oil to my already oily skin. It feels really smooth and today I buffed it into my skin with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and I found, like it claimed, that it blended really well. 
I really like the coverage evening out skin tones and it covered the pink areas on my cheeks. Under it I used Milk of Magnesia/Maybelline Baby Skin Primer and set it with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Transparent. I also used Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer to go over any blemishes I have. 
Don't worry you did read that right, Milk of Magnesia, on my face... Kinda gross I know but I shall do a blog post soon about why I use it and how I apply it.


 I forgot to take a before picture of my face so I shall update this post when I do my make up again doing a before and after picture. But so far I really like the way it looks and the colour is a perfect match for my skin. I will also see how it wears during the day and update you on the oil and sweat situation.

UPDATE! Here is my visual routine on how I applied my foundation. In the first pictures there's nothing on my face. Then I add a thin layer of Milk of Magnesia, dry with hair dryer then put my primer on top which gets rid of the white ghost look. Fifth picture is just foundation and concealer and then 6th & 7th is finished face with foundation set with powder.



I found this foundation held up amazingly well compared to what I'm used to using (BB creams). I love the final look and found I didn't need to blot or powder during the day. The only thing that happened was it rubbed off a bit around my nose but that was due to cold weather and a runny nose!

X


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...