Saturday 21 February 2015

MUA || Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer...

I do realise my blog is becoming a bit lip product heavy at the moment but what can I say... I'm discovering lots of lovely things recently! 


This post is all about the MUA Luxe Lip Lacquer's, more specifically the two colours Kooky & Reckless.

I find these very unique in the type of product they are; super matte and super long lasting.



This is the colour called Reckless, a very intense, bright, blue toned red.



And this is the colour Kooky, a deep berry purple.

I love the packaging, a really classy frosted plastic tube, black lid with gold lettering.
They definitely look like they are worth more than the £3 they cost. They are very pigmented, the pictures are with one layer applied. The doe-foot applicator makes it very easy to create clean lines and a perfect lip shape.

I think these lip lacquers are quite interesting to wear, when you apply they stay tacky for a while (don't press your lips together or you'll end up with uneven colour) but once dry they nearly feel like there's nothing on your lips. 
They almost dry to a powdery finish which is a problem if you wanted to add a moisturising layer on top - it doesn't work - basically it ends up crumbling off in odd patches! 
This is also the case with eating and drinking with this product on, the inner part of the lip fades quite fast and if you try to reapply it goes crumbly and patchy. 
The best thing to do is to remove and start again. 
And that brings me to my last point, getting these off. They are quite difficult to remove even with oil based make up wipes.

I know I have said a lot of negative things about this product but I actually think they are great to wear if you don't have to eat anything and like to wear very matte lip products. They will last a good few hours before they start fading.

I have recently bought a third colour to add to this collection and will update with pictures when I get a chance. My new colour is called Tranquility and is a brown based nude.

I have also found out there is another line by MUA called Luxe Whipped Velvet which sound like something I would like to try and might end up on my blog soon!

Have you tried these yet? What did you think? 

Coco
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...